Happy Fat!

So, as a last minute addition to our Father’s Day fun – I decided to go out and grab a cake. The cake shop was totally packed with a million idiots doing the same thing as me.
The workers were swamped, but doing the best they could and the line was moving pretty quickly.
Once I got to the front of the line, this is the exchange that took place:

Me: I’d like this cake
Worker: Okay, do you want any writing on it?
Me: No writing, thanks. But can I get this photo put on it (pointing to photo from their catalogue).
Worker: No, sorry we are not doing any special orders today, it’s too busy.
This was totally understandable as they were super busy.
But THEN she said:

We’re not even doing any cake writing today.

Me: Okay, but didn’t you just….?
I turn to look at the worker next to us, painstakingly writing on a cake.
He hears our conversation, immediately stops what he’s doing, puts the cake in a box, and hands it to the customer, saying: We’re not doing any cake writing today.

And she gets stuck with a cake that says:

For real.

What the hell is going on at this cake store?!
I feel bad for the guy who’s getting that cake.
I also wish I had the authority to just fire people for terrible (albeit hilarious) customer service.

This reminds me of the time I wanted a special birthday cake with an inside joke written on it. I asked for “Have an anal birthday” and the place refused, saying it was a family establishment.
What the what?
Is that actually offensive? I wasn’t going to show the cake around to the nearby children or anything.

But this exchange also reminded me of Cake Wrecks, which I love and used to peruse all the time.
I should have taken a picture of the FAT cake today, as well as the look on the customer’s face.

It was pretty great.

HAPPY FAT, everyone!

This entry was posted in Food, Shopping and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Happy Fat!

1. Mary says:

Har! This is so funny! Reminds me of a conversation I had in May with a woman at the front desk of the hotel where I was staying in Minneapolis:
    ME: Is there a Starbuck’s nearby?
    HER: Yes, it’s at the corner of [] and {}.
    ME: How far away is that?
    HER: Five.
    ME: Five what?
    HER: Blocks.

“Five.” Honestly!
    Happy Fat to you!

2. danielle says:

Oh geez!! That is the weirdest thing! As if the “her” would have taken more than 2 seconds!! Ha ha.

3. Lynn Bee says:

Oh Danielle, the way this guy was doing the writing it probably would have taken him 10 minutes and he looked as though he was about to have a heart attack from the stress of it all!

4. Lynn Bee says:

“FIVE” haha. people are so lazy! Why is it too much effort to actually say all the words you are thinking? CLARIFY, PEOPLE!

5. Purple Unicorn says:

Not too long ago we make a retirement cake for a team member. The cake read “bill to personal meals”

6. Lynn Bee says:

Amazinggggggg! Did you take a picture of the “bill to personal meals” cake?! Please say yes!