Happy Fat!

So, as a last minute addition to our Father’s Day fun – I decided to go out and grab a cake. The cake shop was totally packed with a million idiots doing the same thing as me.
The workers were swamped, but doing the best they could and the line was moving pretty quickly.
Once I got to the front of the line, this is the exchange that took place:

Me: I’d like this cake
Worker: Okay, do you want any writing on it?
Me: No writing, thanks. But can I get this photo put on it (pointing to photo from their catalogue).
Worker: No, sorry we are not doing any special orders today, it’s too busy.
This was totally understandable as they were super busy.
But THEN she said:

We’re not even doing any cake writing today.

Me: Okay, but didn’t you just….?
I turn to look at the worker next to us, painstakingly writing on a cake.
He hears our conversation, immediately stops what he’s doing, puts the cake in a box, and hands it to the customer, saying: We’re not doing any cake writing today.

And she gets stuck with a cake that says:
HAPPY FAT

For real.

What the hell is going on at this cake store?!
I feel bad for the guy who’s getting that cake.
I also wish I had the authority to just fire people for terrible (albeit hilarious) customer service.

This reminds me of the time I wanted a special birthday cake with an inside joke written on it. I asked for “Have an anal birthday” and the place refused, saying it was a family establishment.
What the what?
Is that actually offensive? I wasn’t going to show the cake around to the nearby children or anything.

But this exchange also reminded me of Cake Wrecks, which I love and used to peruse all the time.
I should have taken a picture of the FAT cake today, as well as the look on the customer’s face.

It was pretty great.

HAPPY FAT, everyone!

Dads-cake

This entry was posted in Food, Shopping and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Happy Fat!

1. Mary says:

Har! This is so funny! Reminds me of a conversation I had in May with a woman at the front desk of the hotel where I was staying in Minneapolis:
    ME: Is there a Starbuck’s nearby?
    HER: Yes, it’s at the corner of [] and {}.
    ME: How far away is that?
    HER: Five.
    ME: Five what?
    HER: Blocks.

“Five.” Honestly!
    Happy Fat to you!

2. danielle says:

Oh geez!! That is the weirdest thing! As if the “her” would have taken more than 2 seconds!! Ha ha.

3. Lynn Bee says:

Oh Danielle, the way this guy was doing the writing it probably would have taken him 10 minutes and he looked as though he was about to have a heart attack from the stress of it all!

4. Lynn Bee says:

“FIVE” haha. people are so lazy! Why is it too much effort to actually say all the words you are thinking? CLARIFY, PEOPLE!

5. Purple Unicorn says:

Not too long ago we make a retirement cake for a team member. The cake read “bill to personal meals”

6. Lynn Bee says:

Amazinggggggg! Did you take a picture of the “bill to personal meals” cake?! Please say yes!