Paws for a Cause

BCSPCA_logo

Hi everybody!

If you know me at all, you know that I am huge animal lover and, once again, I will be walking the walk.

First off, I would like to give a huge thank you to all my past supporters. Your support over the past 5 years really makes participating in the walk more meaningful and loads more fun!

The walk is on September 11th. And I’m excited to say that Koa will be joining me again this year!

You can jump on over to support us right here:

Donations and thanks

The purpose of this annual event is to raise much needed funds for the care and protection of animals across the province of BC.
All animals.
The BC SPCA helps look after all our furry little friends – including wild and farm animals – because they know all kinds of animals are important.

Established in 1895, the BC SPCA is a not-for-profit organization that receives no government funding and is entirely reliant upon community support and generous donors like you.

Each year the BC SPCA provides emergency medical care and sheltering for over 40,000 animals that may have been abandoned, abused, neglected, or surrendered.

This annual walk funds most of the BC SPCAs operations.
The BC SPCA is the only animal welfare agency with the mandate and authority to respond to complaints of animal cruelty in B.C.

Last year, the BC SPCA conducted 10,205 new cruelty investigations. Which is over a thousand up from the previous year.
The Paws for a Cause walk helps fund cruelty investigations and, more importantly, helps to prevent cruelty before it occurs through legislation, education, and awareness.

Please support me, and the BC SPCA, by supporting me on the walk this year.

Don’t be shy if you can’t afford tons of bucks. Every little bit helps.
Even a single dollar will work to educate one student through the “Kindness Counts” curriculum helping to stop the cycle of abuse by teaching empathy.

This organization works hard to streamline its admin and overhead costs.
80% of the funds raised goes directly towards services for animals. With the other 20% going to admin and revenue development.

Ways you can support the cause:

-Make a donation!
Register for the walk!
-You can walk with us!
-You can volunteer to help out at a walk location near you!

If you can’t afford anything and are too lazy to walk, but still want to help out you can:

-Share my donation page!
-Spread the word about the walk!
-Spread the word about the SPCA and the good work they do!
-Teach people about animal welfare!

Thank you so much for all your support!

Here is the link if you would like to make a donation to support us and the animals:

Lynn & Koa walk the Walk

Anyone who makes a donation to my walk will get a fun present from me in the mail! And donations over $20 will get a tax receipt from the BCSPCA.

If you want to learn more about the walk, the SPCA, animal welfare, ways to help, or my fundraising efforts, please feel free to get a hold of me:

lynn.pancakes@gmail.com

Allfor

This entry was posted in animals and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Paws for a Cause

  1. Pekoe says:

    Thanks for supporting the SPCA!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *