This past Sunday was our big walk for the BC SPCA, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
With your amazing generosity we were able to raise $1,265 for the BC SPCA (British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). This placed us squarely as the number 3 highest fundraisers in the city. And absolutely destroyed my goal and every other year’s total to date!
To help break it down, the $1265 can do all this for the SPCA and our animal friends:
- 18 kittens being fixed (spayed or neutered)
- 15 puppies being fixed (spayed or neutered)
- 80 bales of hay for the small animals
- 187 bags of cat litter
- 2,259 loads of laundry
- 126,500 pieces of printer paper
- 421 bags of cat treats
The participants in the city of Richmond walk raised a grand total of $15,353 for the animals, so we played a substantial role in the overall fundraising for the entire city! A big shout out to everyone who donated, walked, encouraged us, and helped fundraise.
Thank you so much for all your generous donations and heartfelt support!
It really meant a lot to me (and made a great difference to the animals in need).
- If you wanted to make a donation, but forgot – please let me know.
- If you never got your letter/thank you gift from me, give me a holler and I’ll get it sorted.
- If you want to continue to support the SPCA throughout the year or choosing another animal friendly organization that is more your cup of tea, I have tips on figuring that out for you.
- If you desperately wanted to support me, but forgot… I have the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research coming up in a couple days and I would love to have you sponsor me there. If you are more in favor of a donation to animals, stay tuned for my next charitable endavour in 2017!
Again thank you so much for your support!
Here are some pics from the big day:
I promised several donors Koa would wear a cat costume – he was fairly accommodating in half agreeing to be an adorable tiger.
Koa gears up early by getting his tail wagging!
We arrive to walk at naptime, so Koa is a bit of a lazy, needing to be carried for some (most) of the walk. Good thing Daddy came with us!
We might have taken a bit of a shortcut to speed the walk along…..but, we got a pass on cheating due to the cuteness of my baby tiger:
The walk was in Garry Point Park in beautiful Steveston again this year, so it was lovely!
Thanks again to all of you for your support! I look forward to your continued support with my next event <3